Registering as a checkpoint host is done with a form. Checkpoint registration begins in April and ends in mid-August.
Details asked for in the registration form include checkpoint location, contact person, number of assignment spots, accessibility and a short (a maximum of 160 characters including spaces) description of the checkpoint for the Fresher Adventure mobile app.
We hope that organisations would primarily host their checkpoints in their own premises, but HYY will also arrange premises for checkpoint hosts if needed. Checkpoint hosts plan their checkpoints and their contents themselves.
We accept other parties than HYY’s organisations as checkpoint hosts on a case-to-case basis. Contact us and ask for more information: fuksiseikkailu [at] hyy.fi
All checkpoints must fulfil the following requirements to make the Fresher Adventure as fair, smoothly functioning and fun as possible:
- Checkpoint tasks do not include alcohol, forcing or humiliation.
- You should be able to provide instructions for and complete the checkpoint assignment in around 10 minutes.
- There are at least two assignment spots, so that two teams can complete the assignment at the same time.
- The checkpoint must be open from 4 pm to 8 pm.
- The checkpoint can also be completed in English.
- The checkpoint hosts have the opportunity to tally the teams’ points electronically (in other words, they have an internet connection, smartphone, tablet or computer at their disposal).
Polish your checkpoint idea and read more about good checkpoints and successful checkpoint descriptions.